Health Course Description:
This course is designed to promote student learning with regard to health issues that affects their immediate and long-term health. Maintaining a healthy way of living requires a balance of physical, mental-emotional, and social well-being. Health education provides students with knowledge of skills necessary to confront health related issues and make smooth transitions.
- Be in your assigned seat and ready to work when the tardy bell rings.
- Participate in class: Students are expected to participate during the entire class period.
- Students who put forth the effort will develop the skills needed to do well in class.
- Turn in any assignments on time.
- Positive Attitude/Behavior: Students must exhibit a positive attitude and good behavior every day.
- Respect for teacher, classmates, and self is required.
- Students will be introduced to new games and skills. Everyone is on different levels. Bullying and humiliation, abuse or harassment will NOT be tolerated!
- Students must show good character and act appropriately at all times to receive full credit.
- If a student is absent it is their responsibility to find out what was missed and make it up.
- Health units vary depending on the class. All classes focus on making healthy choices and preventive measures to take to stay healthy.